In Resume generally we tend to write only nice things, I mean about our accomplishments, accolades, Career elevation etc.etc. Which presents a decent picture about us. But as a Resume author I have always been intrigued by which kind of candidates or Resumes gets selected for senior positions.
Let us come back to the research side, I have done intensive study with Recruitment Professionals that out of zillion CVs what qualities they hunt for, and to no surprise they always scratch bit more i.e. search for beyond the obvious.
The flipside of the coin is every candidate is unique & gifted, When I discuss with candidates about their performances they share with me about their unique qualities like having intuition, attribute of sniffing success, Playing a crucial role etc. but they are unable to translate these finer nuances of the brilliancy into bio data and there remains the larger disconnect or Gap which is very harmful for career growth.
Stand out in the crowd with the “power of personalisation” because you are as different as you can be.
In coming lines I would outline few of the salient features, study them and introspect, and next time incorporate them in your new profile and see the difference, definitely the interview calls would be from very good companies and for challenging roles, after all it’s your business statement.
- Dare quotient: an organization is nothing more than the collective capacity of its people to create value. Shower with incidences where you have shown courage and impressed upon the senior management.
- Risk Appetite: New ideas are always tentative and their results may not be instantaneous and positive therefore the willingness to assume risk is a must. Mention about your Risk proposition aggressively.
- Team Excellence: Provide a holistic picture about enhancing teams’ execution, acclimating team to new systems, led the team to perform above standard, coached and trained employee motivation, disseminating the information to the individual team members.
- Futuristic Outlook: Share your efforts regarding recommendations offered by you to the Top Management and also about its approval & implementations.
- One-man Army: You have manoeuvred single handedly several projects and you got applauds for the same, also you have proven track record of initiative and ambition.
- Transformation of the Corporate culture: Talk about unifying the thought pattern for optimising the Competitive Advantage by changing a culture of the organisation.
- Harbinger: Leaders have always followers but they have also people of diverse perspectives who can disagree with you. Discuss about “First mover advantage strategy” as a Value chain for healthy bottom-line contribution.
- ROI in Training initiative: As we know that Talent is the multiplier. The more energy and attention one invest in it, the greater the yield. Hence spotting talent, grooming and readiness for Leadership pipeline is a forte to be showcased.
- Bounce back: Failure isn’t always a bad thing. The best suited line is “The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.” — Chinese Proverb. What’s wrong in mentioning about underperformance but because of strategy rejig you arrested the loss and superseded the target figure.
- entrepreneurial thought leaders: It’s a mind-set that embraces critical questioning, innovation, service and continuous, for a moment simply leave aside all the accomplishments rather yell loudly that you are self-directed, and a person of Impeccable ethics and a high-level of integrity.
A company can’t buy true emotional commitment from managers no matter how much it’s willing to spend; this is something too valuable to have a price tag. And yet a company can’t afford not to have it. Therefore remember you have all the qualities to be successful for accelerated career growth simply tell it on the CV.